Position Description: Architectural Sales Representative
Reports to: VP Sales or GM
Glass is increasingly being specified into commercial projects. Imagic Glass Inc. (IMG) is a rapidly growing fabricator of custom architectural glass solutions. Our product offering is very broad and includes digitally printed glass, painted glass (water based interior coatings and ICD OpaciCoat 300® for spandrel), laminated glass (EVA and SentryGlas® from Kurary), carved and etched glass, tempered glass and more. IMG offers very attractive architectural glass solutions that appeal to the A&D community. We hold a Canadian patent for digital printing techniques on glass and mirror. IMG is looking to add to their A&D sales team to grow revenues in Canada and the US.
The Architectural Sales Representative (ASR) is responsible for calling on the A&D community to educate and ultimately get IMG specified on commercial and residential projects. The ASR is responsible for developing business and generating incremental sales of Imagic custom architectural glass products. The ASR can leverage an existing network of relationships with architects, specifiers, and designers. The ASR will work with senior management/partners to help expand IMG business domestically and into the US as required.
You have been selling into the A&D community for a minimum of three to five years. While architectural glass experience is beneficial, perhaps your experience has been selling other solutions into the A&D community, such as lighting, flooring, furniture or other solid surface materials. You have an established network of contacts in the A&D community and your industry reputation is highly trusted. You are attracted to the opportunity to join a growing, dynamic company that offers exceptional product quality and a product line that appeals to the A&D community. You want to contribute to IMG’s growth plans and provide the A&D community with locally produced solutions that are more cost effective and have shorter lead times than US based alternatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- meeting and presenting (e.g. lunch &learns, coffee breaks etc.) IMG solutions to architects, specifiers and designers inorder to get specified into commercial projects
- being an educational resource for architectural glass by having a thorough understanding of IMG solutions as well as competitive alternatives
- staying abreast of commercial opportunities
- working to ensure Imagic Glass is consistently quoting on commercial projects
- working with the A&D contacts and the IMG team to meet custom sample requirements
- following up on quoted projects to understand timeline, budgets, product needs etc. and to gain visibility to future revenue
- report on sales activity status regularly as required
- build and maintain a sales contact database for Imagic Glass
- attending industry association events to network and develop contacts
- working with the senior management/partners to build and execute an annual sales plan
- be knowledgeable on all Imagic products, including features, benefits, budgetary pricing etc
- represent the Imagic brand professionally at all times
- work closely and effectively with the Imagic team to successfully deliver on all client commitments
Required Attributes and Skills
- minimum 5 years demonstrated B to B consultative sales experience in the A&D industry
- strong understanding of how the A&D community works and wishes to interact with materials fabricators
- Post-secondary degree/diploma
- excellent interpersonal, relational and communication skills
- high goal orientation
- proven ability to develop and execute a sales plan
- High attention to detail, precision and quality
- coachable, learning orientation
- outstanding customer service skills
- excellent organization and follow up skills
- competitive base salary (based on experience and skills)
- bonuses (fixed and/or commission based) tied to performance against goals
Sales compensation plans are reviewed annually and subject to change with notice by management.
- monthly cell phone allowance
- monthly car allowance or mileage expense submission
- health and dental benefits
- business expense per company policy
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume, in PDF format to email@example.com – Attention: Human Resources. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.